An exciting job
Technobois will help you reach your professional and personal goals, whether it’s to return to school or enter the labour market. You will learn the work through a positive experience that will give you the tools to be a better employee.
Training to be a sawmill labourer
Since September of 2016, Technobois has offered its workers the chance to obtain a semi-specialized trade certificate as a sawmill labourer.
The 450-hour training course includes:
75 hours of theory on the following themes and activities:
- Selecting a profession
- Integration and job retention
- Professional skills
- Searching for a job
- Visiting other company near by
- Lectures on budgets, communication, personal management, etc.
375 hours of technical training related to the sawmill trade:
- Occupational health and safety
- Operating breakdown, slitting, edging, trimming and other equipment
- Sorting pieces of wood according to quality criteria
- Stacking pieces of wood for drying or delivery
- Completing work area maintenance
The training course is part of the regular 26 weeks. At the end of the 450 hours of training, a semi-skilled trade certificate will be awarded by the Ministère de l’Éducation et de l’Enseignement Supérieur.